Encountered error 1603 while updating office 2016

Posted by / 22-Feb-2018 20:18

So, take a stroll down memory lane to remember all of our past Word of the Year selections.A snippet of information on maps of Glamorgan - the following is from the Glamorgan section of Ogilby's strip-map "The Road from London to St David's" first published in 1675. In South Wales during the 19th century the rapid development of heavy industries & coal mining created centres of dense populations where voluntary efforts to provide education in many areas proved inadequate & ineffective.G., this has been omitted in the record but the page has been given for reference. By 1900, this region had become one of the most densely populated parts of Britain. In the 1860's Brydu School was built at the end of School Road in Kenfig Hill. From the following information which appeared in the National of Library of Wales Journal in 1957, it would appear that Bryndu School in Kenfig Hill was already open a few years before this date as a report on the school was compiled by Mr H. Thanks are due to Major Lewis Rugg for acquainting the Museum with the discovery, to Mr Clements, his foreman at the quarry and to Mr G. Stacey, of Porthcawl for much readily granted help.The names are of 2 classes - those holding lands in the county & those marked "test," who witness local charters and are found in the documents amongst local names. This third stage in the development of the coalfield inaugurated a whole succession of new colliery schools, most of which were located in the two Rhondda Valleys whilst many others were established in other colliery districts. Major Rugg kindly provided the necessary labour and has since deposited the finds in the National Museum of Wales.Three editions of the work, one entitled "Itinerarium Angliae" as a variant from the standard & first edition, "Britannia" appeared in 1675. Sometimes a school in a mining community was maintained partly by fixed annual donations from colliery owners or companies.A derelict, short upriight tower stands near Mount Pleasant Farm of the edge of an escarpment at an elevation of 307 feet. Such schools were primarily for colliers' children, but, as in other "works" schools, children of other work-people took advantage of such educational facilities provided there were vacancies or "places" in these schools.

The uneven character of the ground made it impossible to detect at a glance any articial mound & the discovery was entirely accidental.

The main workings of the quarry had been flooded by the heavy rains and in the course of working a new face at a high level further to the east, a large slab of stone was met with, from beneath which a skull was dislodged & broken up before the character of the find was realised.

The surface at this spot was practically level and a slight hollow had been made, in which the grave had been built.

Our Word of the Year choice serves as a symbol of each year’s most meaningful events and lookup trends.

It is an opportunity for us to reflect on the language and ideas that represented each year.

encountered error 1603 while updating office 2016-14encountered error 1603 while updating office 2016-83encountered error 1603 while updating office 2016-17

We wish to thank Sir Arthur Keith for confirming our reconstrucyion of the fragments, but we accept the responsibility for the notes here given.